Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sharon Hostel for Women


I’m also incharge of taking care 73 community college students in IGL’s hostel. These students come from diverse backgrounds, culture, language, caste, class and religion. Most of them are first generation learners aspiring to become nurse or lab technician or teachers. It’s wonderful that God had placed me over such a bunch of students to nurture them in Christ Jesus. It is my desire that all of them be saved and unified as one single entity called church regardless of their backdrop. Today, I see a remarkable transformation already happening with in this group as many have begun to devote considerable time to pray and confess their sins.

In spite of the good environment in Sharon, some of the students face immense challenge in learning their lessons in English. For others its family concerns that overwhelms them. Whatever may be their hurdles and challenges I comfort and encourage them with the word of God. I have made most of the struggling lot to see the ‘I CAN THROUGH CHRIST’ to achieve rather that be defeated due to the ‘I cant’ attitude.
Pray that all of these 73 students be save by Christ Jesus and be bold in the promises of Jesus for their lives. I presently do character study of women from the Bible for these students.

No comments: